About Us

Brief History:

In 1905, the Wellington Volunteer Fire Department was formed by twenty-six dedicated community volunteers. Nearly 50 years later, in 1951, community members formed a statutory special district, and the Wellington Fire Protection District became the governing body overseeing the provision of emergency response in much of northern Larimer County. Today, the 288 square miles of the Wellington Fire Protection District is protected by a combination of nearly 40 career and volunteer Firefighters responding from two fire stations.

WFPD District Map Update May 3