The Wellington Fire Protection District is accepting applications and conducting eligibility testing, assessment and evaluation for the uniformed, sworn position of BATTALION CHIEF -OPERATIONS.
Duties to include but not limited to: Shift management and organizational leadership, incident command, structural and wildland firefighting, EMS, rescue, safe vehicle driving, Pump Operations, fleet and facilities maintenance, code enforcement, public education, firefighter and company officer instruction, project management and reporting, and other duties as assigned. Position requires variable work shifts. Uniform required.
Brief listing of qualifications (additional requirements outlined in position description):
- Must possess Colorado Driver's License
- Colorado EMT-B
- IFSAC/ProBoard Fire Officer or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- IFSAC/ProBoard Fire Instructor or able to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination experience, education and training equal to 5th year of college
- Must be 21 years of age and a US Citizen at date of hire
- Significant post-offer testing and evaluation inclusive of drug testing, psychological assessment, criminal and employment background and driving history.
Application packets may be obtained and submitted online beginning, May 18, 2018 at WFPD.ORG.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL applications MUST be submitted electronically to CANDIDATE@WFPD.ORG on or before Friday, JUNE 8, 2018.
ALL questions relative to the application process should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellington Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Job Description
Battalion Chief Job Announcement
Wellington Fire Protection District Job Application
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The Wellington Fire Protection District values all applicants and encourages Veterans and minorities to apply.