Find out how to apply for grant funding.
The Town of Wellington is launching a $300,000 grant program in response to the economic hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and is funded through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act ("C.A.R.E.S. Act"). Eligible businesses and nonprofits can apply for up to $12,000 in funding that does not have to be repaid. The application will be open September 15 through October 2.
Eligible businesses must:
• Be located within Wellington Town limits
• Be established prior to February 1, 2020 and hold a valid Wellington business license
• Have 150 or fewer employees (full time and part time combined)
• Have an annualized reduction in revenue of 20% of greater
• Not have any unpaid code enforcement issues or utility liens
• Are expecting to return to full operation after local and state emergency guidelines during
COVID-19 are rescinded.
Eligible nonprofits must:
• Have a program that directly benefits Wellington residents or a main office in Wellington
• Be registered with the Colorado Secretary of State as a 501(c)(3)
• Have an IRS Form 990 from 2018 or 2019
Interim Town Administrator, Kelly Houghteling said, “Our small businesses and nonprofits are the backbone of the Wellington community. With support from the Mayor and Board of Trustees, this grant program will directly impact our local economy. Our hope is that by directing these federal funds to local businesses and nonprofits they will be better positioned to weather the storm.”
To learn more about the program, and to apply, visit