Unofficial Election Results
The Town of Wellington held a mail-in ballot municipal election for (3) three open Board of Trustee positions. The three candidates for Trustee with the highest vote total will receive a four-year term.
The following election results are unofficial:
Number of Votes
|Daniel J. Sattler||328|
Ashley Renee Macdonald*
*Elected to 4 year term
The State Election Law requires the Town to send ballots to registered overseas voters per the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA). The law allows ballots from UOCAVA voters to be postmarked on Election Day and be received by the eighth day after the election to be counted. Also, mail ballot signatures must be verified by the election judges. Any ballots the judges are not able to verify must be cured within eight days after the election to be counted. The final canvassing of the election results will be held by the tenth day after the election, with final official results available no later than April 17, 2020
The newly elected Board of Trustees will be sworn in at the regular Board of Trustees meeting on April 28, 2020.
Key Election Dates
- April 7, 2020: Election Day; ballots must be received no later than 7:00 p.m. to be counted.
- Unofficial results are posted once the ballots are counted. Posting will be on the Town Hall Front Door, The Leeper Center West Door, and on the Town website.
- April 15, 2020: Last day to receive ballots from Uniformed and Overseas Citizen Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) voters.
- April 17, 2020: Last day for Town Clerk to certify the election with official results.
- April 28, 2020: Swearing in of newly elected Board of Trustees Members.