December 4, 2018
The Wellington Fire Protection District is now accepting applications for the position of
Applicants that pass the minimum requirements and testing will be placed on an eligibility list for current and future Reserve Firefighter/EMT openings within the organization. These positions are supervised by the Company Officer and duties include emergency response, public education, training and station and equipment maintenance among others. Wellington FPD is a fast-growing, progressive organization that operates three separate shifts out of two fully staffed stations. Reserve Firefighters must be available to shift a minimum 48 hours per month.
Minimum requirements (Required at time of hire):
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License
- Current IFSAC Firefighter I
- Current IFSAC Hazardous Materials Operations
- Current State of Colorado EMT-B
- CPAT certificate
Preferred (in addition to above):
- Current Red Card (S-130/190)
- IFSAC Driver Operator-Utility
To apply complete an application packet including:
- WFPD Employment Application
- Cover letter describing your interest and qualifications
- Proof of current qualifications (Only those listed above)
- Send the packet to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 15, at 12:00 noon
- Any application packets that are incomplete by that date and time will not be considered
ALL questions relative to the application process should be forwarded to email@example.com.
Reserve Firefighter Job Announcement
Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors. The Wellington Fire Protection District values all applicants and encourages Veterans and minorities to apply.