Special Events

What is a Special Event?

Whether you are planning a 5k race, concert, parade, or even a neighborhood block party some events need a permit. For example, if you are requesting a street closure, planning to serve or sell alcohol, or renting a Town of Wellington park or facility you will need a Special Events permit.

Do I need a permit?

  • Will you be serving or selling alcohol?
  • Will you be using amplified sound, other than for announcements or a simple ‘boom box’?
  • Will you have vendors at the event who are selling goods or services, like a yoga class?
  • Will you be using any temporary structures, like tents, bleachers or stages?
  • Will your event close or change the traffic pattern of a street or alley?
  • Will your event impact the public use of a park or natural resource?

If you answer “YES” to any of these questions, you will most likely need to apply for and obtain a Special Event Permit.

What’s the deadline to submit a permit?

Your completed special event application, with all fees, must be submitted no later than 60 days before your event.  New events will need additional time to go through the Special Event Review Committee, so please plan accordingly.

Park and Facility Rentals

Parks and facilities rentals are managed through the Recreation Department, not through Special Events. If you are interested in renting a park pavilion or a town facility for private use, please visit the Facilities and Use Rentals page for more information.

Click here to fill out the Special Events Permit Application.